search
 

Back issue for magazine - 2G N.15 Postwar Italian Architecture 1944-1960

2G N.15 Postwar Italian Architecture 1944-1960 Following the distortions suffered by the introduction of the Modern Movement in Fascist Italy, the country's architectural production went through a rebirth after the Second World War. The more international Modern Movement was combined with an icreasingly local vision linked to an enormously weighty historical tradition and to the need to build in extremely dense historical cities. During these years Italy went on to become a bastion of modern architecture, one which defined the philosophical scope of all the subsequent contributions of a world class on the part of Italian theorists of the 1970s.
Buildings for commercial enterprises, housing estates, public buildings by architects such as Ernesto N. Rogers and his BBPR group, Gardella, Moretti, Ridolfi, Quaroni, Albini, Figini-Pollini and Michelucci, together with the brio of an Italian design that was exported world-wide, and the power of the specialized Italian press as a medium of international theorization, help make this period of Italian architecture one of the most fruitful episodes of the European architecture of the second half of the 20th century. Evidence of this are such important works as BBPR's Velasca Tower, Moretti's Il Girasole apartment block and the housing estates of Ridolfi, Albini and Figini-Pollini.


Language:
Price The Netherlands:
Price Europe:
Price Rest of World:

country:



$



36
36
52

ES
People who ordered this magazine also ordered:
Communication Arts
Copyrights 2007 Bruil & van de Staaij | info@bruil.info | www.bruil.info | +31 522 261 303 back | top | print